Managing Director, Cyber Product Leader
Robert Parisi is a managing director and National Cyber Product Leader in Marsh’s New York City headquarters. His current responsibilities include advising clients on issues related to intellectual property, technology, privacy, and cyber related risks as well as negotiating with the carriers on terms and conditions. Robert is also responsible for coordinating Marsh’s Global Cyber Network.
Prior to joining Marsh, Robert was the Senior Vice President and Chief Underwriting Officer (CUO) of eBusiness Risk Solutions at AIG. Robert joined AIG in 1998 as counsel for Professional Liability and held several executive positions, including CUO for Professional Liability & Technology. While at AIG, Robert oversaw the creation and drafting of underwriting guidelines and policies for all lines of Professional Liability. Robert was instrumental in the development of specialty reinsurance to address risk aggregation issues in cyber, privacy, intellectual property and technology insurance. Robert led the team at AIG that created the first coordinated cyber insurance offerings. In addition to working with AIG, Robert has also been in private practice, principally as legal counsel to various Lloyds of London syndicates.
While at Marsh, Robert has worked extensively with Marsh clients in all industries, assisting them in analysis of their risk as well as in the placement of coverage for cyber risks.
• BA in economics, Fordham College; JD, Fordham University School of Law
• Spoken at various business, technology, legal, and insurance forums throughout the world
• Written, on issues effecting professional liability, privacy, technology and telecommunications, media, intellectual property, computer security, and insurance
• Admitted to practice in New York and the U.S. District Courts
• Honored by Business Insurance (2002) magazine as one of the Rising Stars of Insurance
• In 2009, honored by Risk & Insurance magazine as a Power Broker
• In 2014, 2015 and 2016 honored by Advisen as Top Cyber Risk Broking Team
• InfraGard member