Toronto, Canada (January 16, 2019) – The International Cyber Risk Management Conference (ICRMC) has announced that founding director of the University of Pittsburgh Institute for Cyber Law, Policy and Security, David Hickton, will keynote at ICRMC. Hickton was formerly the U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Pennsylvania at the Department of Justice under U.S. A.G. Loretta Lynch.
Anchor and Reporter, Amber Kanwar of BNN Bloomberg, ICRMC’s lead media sponsor, will interview Hickton following his keynote speech that will take place during the gala dinner kicking off day one of the conference.
Photo caption: David Hickton (left) and Amber Kanwar (right)
The two-day event in Toronto takes place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre April 15-16, 2019.
Register now, early bird deadline is February 15: http://usa-canada.icrmc.com/
Hickton is the founding director of the University of Pittsburgh Institute for Cyber Law, Policy and Security and has secondary faculty appointments as professor in the School of Law, School of Computing and Information, and the Graduate School of Public and International Affairs. Prior to this, he was nominated by former President Barack Obama to serve as the United States Attorney for the Western District of Pennsylvania and was sworn in on August 12, 2010.
Prior to becoming U.S. Attorney, Hickton engaged in the private practice of law, specifically in the areas of transportation, litigation, commercial and white-collar crime. He began his legal career serving as a law clerk for the Honorable U.S. District Judge Gustave Diamond from 1981 to 1983. For more than a decade, Hickton was an adjunct professor at the Duquesne University School of Law, where he taught antitrust.
During his tenure as U.S. Attorney, Hickton’s signature achievements included:
Addressing the Cyber Threat
- Brought first of its kind indictment against five members of the Chinese military for economic espionage against Pittsburgh-based companies and organizations.
- Created a dedicated section in the U.S. Attorney’s Office to focus on cybercrime and national security.
- Prosecuted groundbreaking cases such as Darkode, the largest English-speaking cybercrime forum, and Evgeniy Bogachev, creator of GameOver Zeus and Cryptolocker malware, among others.
Significant Civil Recovers and Achievements
- EDMC – Achieved a historic settlement of $95.5 million, the largest False Claims Act (FCA) recovery of Department of Education funds.
- Pennsylvania Department of Corrections – Secured fundamental changes throughout the prison system to humanely address the issues of unconstitutional confinement conditions for those suffering from serious mental illness and for victims of institutional sexual assault.
- GameOver Zeus Botnet – Utilized civil injunctions in conjunction with criminal prosecution to dismantle a global network of infected victim computers used by cyber criminals to steal millions of dollars from businesses and consumers.
Amber Kanwar is an Anchor and Reporter for BNN Bloomberg, appearing on The Open and The Disruptors. Kanwar is a relentless digger, always looking for ways to break news and bring exclusive information and insight to BNN Bloomberg’s audience. Amber specializes in equity markets and is constantly seeking out stocks flying under the radar, trends that are about to emerge, and curating research to make it accessible to viewers.
Who Should Attend
- CTOs, CISOs, CIOs, CPOs, CSOs and CROs
- Corporate Risk Managers & Captive Owners
- Audit/ Risk & Actuarial Consultants
- Board Risk / Audit / Governance Committee Members
- Legal Counsel
- Law Enforcement
- Claims Professionals
- Corporate Technology Risk & Security Professionals
- Regulators & Government
- Academics & Researchers
- Insurance Brokers, Insurers, MGAs & MGUs
The 5th Annual US/Canada ICRMC will take place April 15-16, 2019 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
Conference programming and registration can be seen at https://usa-canada.icrmc.com/
Marketing Manager, MSA Research Inc.
416-368-0777 x 29